Are you an influential results driven individual with a track record of ensuring high quality, cost effective results?
- Be the Place You Want to Work
- Attractive salary and salary packaging to $15,900
- Fitness Passport | Salary Packaging | Diversity and Inclusion | Hybrid work environment
Westhaven is seeking an experienced Commercial Officer to lead, coach and support a team to manage NDIS funding arrangements for Westhaven’s Supported Independent Living participants. Westhaven provides Supported Independent Living accommodation to adults with a disability to enable them to live the life the way they choose.
Westhaven is and will continue to be the provider of choice for disability support services and accommodation across regional NSW. Westhaven provides client-centric, high quality programs and activities that provide whole of life support for people with disability, including offering houses that are homes, enabling choice and control and supporting clients to live life the way they choose.
About the role
As the Commercial Officer you will work with a team of internal and external stakeholders to manage NDIS Supported Independent Living funding and implement rosters of care within the approved NDIS funding for Westhaven clients within the Supported Independent Living program.
- Manage Supported Independent Living NDIS funding including preparing and reviewing SIL submissions to the NDIS
- Build SIL Rosters of Care in line with individual participant support needs and funding available
- Work with Westhaven stakeholders to ensure Westhaven has the capability to deliver SIL supported at the approved funding level
- Managing SIL Base Roster templates and ensure they reflect the SIL ratios funded
- Enact continual improvement processes to drive operational efficiency and maintain cost discipline to ensure financial sustainability
- Report weekly to the SIL team
- Mentor, lead, coach and develop high performing teams
- Ensure all relevant policy and procedures are current and follow up on policy review as required.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders including families, service providers and government agencies.
To be on the forefront of this opportunity you will have:
- Sound understanding of the NDIS and their Operational Guidelines, specifically Supported Independent Living
- Sound understanding of the needs and supports of people living with a Disability.
Essential requirements of the role
- A current NSW Driver’s licence
- The ability to obtain and maintain a paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a National Disability Insurance Scheme Workers Check (NDISWC)
- Appropriately vaccinated against Covid-19 and able to provide evidence
Please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your abilities to undertake the key responsibilities of this role.
*Previous candidates need not re-apply
We encourage diversity and inclusion
Westhaven is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
For more information or confidential enquiries please email Natalie Troy, Commercial Manager at email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday 13 July 2022