Create positive influence and rewarding relationships by providing person centred support to people living with disability and trauma
- Opportunities to make a positive difference with Adult and Child participants of Westhaven.
- Part Time and Casual Opportunities Available.
- Fitness Passport | Salary Packaging | Diversity and Inclusion | Innovative work environment.
- Orange NSW, based opportunities.
Westhaven is expanding with particular focus on our services for Children and Young Persons and has a number of exciting opportunities available to join our growing team of Disability Support professionals as a Support Worker.
As a Support Worker you will play an integral role in delivering on Westhaven’s purpose, to place clients at the centre of everything we do.
Westhaven is and will continue to be the provider of choice for disability support services and accommodation across regional NSW. Westhaven provides client-centric, high quality programs and activities that provide whole of life support for people with disability, including offering houses that are homes, enabling choice and control and supporting participants to live life the way they choose.
About the role
As a Support Worker you will work across multiple facets of Westhaven, supporting Adults and primarily Children and young persons who may be experiencing challenging behaviours including aggression as a result of trauma.
- Support clients with daily living skills including health and well-being, personal care, meal preparation and household tasks.
- Support clients with social participation and accessing education, community and engagement activities.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviours.
- Administer medication.
- Follow client individual and behaviour support plans.
- Communicate client behaviours via written and verbal reporting techniques.
- Celebrate and nurture an inclusive, diverse and supportive workplace.
To be on the forefront of this opportunity
You will be confident in delivering the following:
- A commitment to providing exceptional high quality and safe client experiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of managing behaviours of concern including de escalation techniques.
- The ability to interact positively at all levels, including dealing professionally with managers and staff from a broad range of educational and cultural backgrounds.
Qualifications and essential requirements of the role
- Current NSW Driver’s licence
- The ability to obtain and maintain a paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a National Disability Insurance Scheme Workers Check (NDISWC)
- Appropriately vaccinated against Covid-19 and able to provide evidence
- Current First Aid Certificate, or willingness to complete within 6 months
- Certificate qualifications in Disability Services, Community Services or Individual Support (Highly regarded)
Please carefully review and answer all screening questions. You will need to submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your abilities to undertake the key responsibilities of the role.
We encourage diversity and inclusion
Westhaven is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
For more information or confidential enquiries please email the People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 7th July 2022